Coronado Foundation for the Future, Inc.
Our Work - Coronado Foundation for the Future, Inc.
Scholarships and Grants
In its first year of operation, 2002-2003, Coronado Foundation for the Future, Inc.
- Awarded four graduating seniors $1000 scholarships in memory of Eugene Hanson, who inspired generations of fine arts students at Coronado High School,
- Provided students grants for extra-curricular activities,
- Fulfilled a grant request for teacher continuing education, and
- Awarded flight lessons to exemplary aviation students.
In the next school year, 2003-2004, the Foundation:
- Awarded a $1000 general scholarship to an outstanding graduating senior with financial need,
- Purchased new computer technology equipment for the school at large,
- Fulfilled grant requests for audio-video equipment and books for the English Department and funds for the maintenance and repair of Photography Program equipment,
- Provided chair caddies for the Facilities Department in memory of CHS graduate and long-time custodian, James Hoffman
- Presented 40 End-of-Year gift bags to faculty via a drawing at the Faculty Luncheon
For 2004-2005, the Foundation:
- Provided a letter jacket to a Minds-in-Motion honoree,
- Sponsored a new Academic Decathlon team, including start-up funds for course materials, teacher substitutes for Academic Decathlon coaches, food for study sessions, and team shirts.
- Contributed to Coronado's Site Council requests for Campus-Wide Tutoring, Professional Development funding for Teachers, Prevention Programs for Students in Crisis.
In 2005-2006, Coronado Foundation for the Future, Inc.
- With a $10,000 matching grant from the Dorrance Foundation, CFFF Inc. will raise additional funds to purchase science and math equipment, classroom sets of novels for the English department, equipment for listening comprehension tests and music entrichment for World Languages, equipment for the Fine Arts - Dance program, materials for the Native American program, basic supplies for English/Nova net. and monies toward photographic equipment maintenance and repair.
- The Foundation annually supports Minds-in-Motion with a $100 gift certificate.
2009 - 2014 Coronado Foundation for the Future, Inc. has annually awarded a $4000 scholarship to a graduating senior. This is possible thanks to the restricted donation from the Papago Rotary Foundation. The board has also hosted luncheons for the Coronado High School Staff and donated to Minds in Motion. Board members have also donated prizes to Project Graduation.
2015 The foundation made the following grants to the school:
- $500 to fund background checks for volunteers
- $1100 to fund scenery rentals for the production of CInderella
- $900 to help 3 students attend the Sister Cities exchange program in China
In 2016 the foundation has:
- Awarded 2 $2500 scholarships to Devin H. and Daisy B.
- Donated $500 for volunteer background checks
- Coordinated 2 teacher appreciation luncheons
- Donated $1100 for scenery rental for the Spring 2017 production of "Guys and Dolls"
- Donated $500 in grants for workshops for theater students
In 2017 the foundation has:
- Awarded 2 $2500 scholarships
- Applied for and received a $7000 grant from the Murray Foundation for athletic scholarships, volunteer background checks, and athletic fees
- Donated $1500 for volunteer background checks
- Donated $250 in gift cards to the Minds in Motion celebration
- Sponsored a student/parent award luncheon
- Sponsored 2 staff appreciation luncheons
Grant Applications are due January 8, 2018 and may be downloaded from this site. GRANT APPLICATION