PURPOSE: The intent of the CFFF Promise Scholarship is to encourage Coronado students to continue their education beyond high school and enhance their career opportunities. The award of up to $5000 over a two-year period gives students the ability to attend a Maricopa County Community College or certificate granting, accredited Arizona Technical or Trade School for two years at $2500 per year paid at $1250 per semester directly to the school.
- Be a graduating senior at Coronado High School and have been enrolled at Coronado High School for at least one year at the time of application
- Show need by
- Qualifying for the federal Free and Reduced lunch program
- Receiving a waiver for the ACT/SAT/PSAT fees
- Qualifying for reduced sports/academic fees
- Intend to enroll at a Maricopa Community College or certificate granting, regionally accredited technical training/trade school for the year following graduation from Coronado High School
- Have a 2.5 grade point average or higher in high school
- Complete the CFFF Scholarship Application form
- This in an online application
- You will need to upload as part of the application:
- A resume (including school activities, community activities and work history)
- An unofficial transcript through December 2021
- Sign a CFFF PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP Acceptance form if you win a scholarship
- Attend an initial meeting with CFFF coaches before school ends
TO MAINTAIN THE SCHOLARSHIP:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (typically 12 credits/semester)
- Maintain a 2.5, or higher, grade point average
- Make regular progress toward a degree (AA) or certification as defined by the Maricopa Community College or technical/trade school
- At a minimum, meet with a representative of the CFFF at mid semester and end of semester (for each semester enrolled) to give progress report and discuss any issues and/or concerns regarding the college experience or next steps.
- Keep the foundation apprised of any address or phone number changes
- IF FOR ANY REASON THE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT FAILS TO MAKE REGULAR PROGRESS TOWARD COMPLETION OF AN AA DEGREE OR VOCATIONAL CERTIFICATION OR FAILS TO MAINTAIN CONTACT WITH THE FOUNDATION, ANY UNUSED SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS ALLOCATED ON BEHALF OF THAT STUDENT WILL REMAIN WITH THE CORONADO FOUNDATION FOR THE FUTURE PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP FUND.