PURPOSE: The intent of the Coronado Promise Scholarship is to encourage Coronado students to continue their education beyond high school and enhance their career opportunities.
SCHOLARSHIP: The award of up to $5,000 over a two-year period gives students the ability to attend one of the ten Maricopa Community Colleges or an Arizona certificate-granting, regionally accredited technical training/trade school for two years at $2,500 per year paid at $1,250 per semester directly to the school.
- Be a graduating senior at Coronado High School and have been enrolled at Coronado High School for at least one year at the time of application
- Intend to enroll at one of the ten Maricopa Community Colleges or at an Arizona certificate-granting, regionally accredited technical training/trade school for the year following graduation from Coronado High School
- Have a 2.5 grade point average or higher in high school
- Complete the Coronado Promise Scholarship Application form
- You will need to attach as part of the application:
- A resume (including school activities, community activities and work history)
- An unofficial transcript through December 2022
- Sign a Coronado Promise Scholarship Acceptance form if you win a scholarship
- Attend an initial meeting with Coronado Foundation for the Future (CFFF) coaches before graduation
TO MAINTAIN THE SCHOLARSHIP:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (typically 12 credits/semester) *
- This credit requirement does not apply to the first semester
- Maintain a 2.5, or higher, grade point average
- Students with a 2.0 or higher GPA who are working actively with their CFFF coach (weekly contact) can retain the scholarship
- Make regular progress toward a degree (AA) or certification as defined by the Maricopa community college or technical/trade school
- At a minimum, meet with your CFFF coach at mid semester and end of semester (for each semester enrolled) to give progress report and discuss any issues and/or concerns regarding the college experience or next steps.
- Keep CFFF apprised of any address or phone number changes
- IF FOR ANY REASON THE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT FAILS TO MAKE REGULAR PROGRESS TOWARD COMPLETION OF AN AA DEGREE OR VOCATIONAL CERTIFICATION OR FAILS TO MAINTAIN CONTACT WITH THE FOUNDATION, ANY UNUSED SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS ALLOCATED ON BEHALF OF THAT STUDENT WILL REMAIN WITH THE CORONADO FOUNDATION FOR THE FUTURE PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP FUND.
* We understand the need for some students to work more than is advisable to successfully take a full-time academic load (12+ credits). Since our priority is to have you be successful in your studies, we can stretch your scholarship over additional semesters allowing you to take a reduced course load with prior CFFF approval.